Research & Facilities
- Soil-structure interaction problems
- Bearing and uplift capacities of pile foundations
- Pull-out capacity of plate and helical anchors
- Performance of shell type foundations
- Performance of subgrade and pavement materials in highways
- Development of a numerical model to capture the drying and cracking of geomaterials in 2D and 3D.
- Experimental validation of the numerical model to capture the drying and cracking of geomaterials.
- Modeling of rock fracture using 2D and 3D discrete elements.
- Parallel computation of stresses around underground excavations.
- Large-scale geometry and mesh optimization for underground excavations.
- Numerical modeling of impact and stress propagation through geomaterials.
- Automatic mesh generation for application in numerical stress analysis.